Need Advice On Software For A Garmin V

Eswau

I've had my V for almost 3 years now. However due to several computer room moves I've lost my Cd and codes. Now the old PC that I've kept running just to update my GPS has died.

So I need to get some software for the V so I can upload new areas when I travel. However, I'm a little confused as to which software package I need to get to handle my autorouting.

My prefered vendor has US Metroguide v6.0 but when I look on the Garmin site, they have City Select North America v7. Are these basically the same thing except for the versions? I didn't see any refrence to autorouting when I looked at the US Metroguide.

What do I need to get to get the updated version of the software that came with my GPS.

Thanks-

Eswau

Metroguide stopped including autorouting info after version 4. Now all of the autorouting info is in City Select. The maps are essentially the same. If you had a non-autorouting unit, the Metroguide maps would be fine (they are a little cheaper). To use the autorouting function, you need to go with City Select (now version 7, on a DVD instead of 3 CDs)