Help With "where's In A Name"

rontved

Hi all

I'm trying to solve this geocache: Where's in a name by Crusso see The cache description

To solve this I need some assistance from a fellow geocacher. I need someone to go to a posisition along this line and take a photo of the surroundings and the GPSr showing the position.

My cachername resolves to the following coordinates: (N,S,E,W)77' 08.833

Using the W 77' 08.833 gives the following in the USA:

Maryland

Frederick

Hagerstown

District of Columbia

Washington

Newyork

Hornell

Rochester

North Carolina

New Bern

Pennsylvania

Chandersburg

Williamsport

Virgina

Richmond

Petersburg

Fredericksburg

In Canada, it gives the following

Ontario

Belleville

Quebech

Val D'or

Using N, S 77' 08.833 doesn't give any resonable results (too high north or south)

E 77' 08.833 goes through India, giving at least one city:

Bangalore.

Best Regards

Thomas Rontved

This isn't a reply to the geocacher who posted this but the name of the forum is exactly the name of one I would've started. Below is a copy of an email I sent to one geocacher but I want to open this up to any geocacher who can help me with this. Here is the email, anything in double parenthesis ((...)) has been added later:

Hi, my name is halifax_gurl ((and I'm located)) in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm trying to do a reversible cache before 2006 and am wondering if you are interested in helping me out. The name of the cache is Where's In a Name? and it is GC3153.

The first 6 letters of my name convert to 42°54.32' You have to be able to use that coordinate as either your latitude or longitude. I'd let that be your choice and the other can be wherever you choose.

If you are interested you will also be able to log this cache as a find. To do this you have to send me a picture of the location and your GPS with the coordinates showing on it.

Send me an email at nbarteaux@gmail.com if you are interested in helping me with this.

Thanks,

Nicolle (halifax_gurl)

PS. So that you are aware I am going to send an email like this to other geocachers in the area because this cache is soon going to be disabled and I'd really like the opportunity to log it. The first geocacher who completes the task will get the credit.

((If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. I believe that it is the longitude that goes through Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Georgia, and Iraq. And latitude falls somewhere in Georgia, Bulgaria or Romania (can't tell from the map I'm using), as well as Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. I'm sure there are more places than I've listed.

Thanks to anyone out there who can help me out with this.))