Explorist Ram Mount

nored

Although RAM has announced that they were going to make an explorist mount available, I've not yet heard any confirmation that it is on the market yet. I would suppose that...well, never mind. I was going to say that www.ram-mount.com would probably be the first to say, but now I see they only list products; they don't actually sell them. I'd go with monitoring gpscity.com, too.

I note with interest that unlike the Meridian RAM mounts, the explorist mounts appear to accommodate the cable plug such that one need not screw it in by hand. Rather, the cable is affixed to the mount and will mate with the GPSr once the unit is clicked into the mount...as in the Magellan mount implementation. Good!

I note with interest that unlike the Meridian RAM mounts, the explorist mounts appear to accommodate the cable plug such that one need not screw it in by hand. Rather, the cable is affixed to the mount and will mate with the GPSr once the unit is clicked into the mount...as in the Magellan mount implementation. Good!

No kidding! In the meantime, I made a simple modification so I could attach a Magellan cradle to a RAM mount. So far it's worked perfectly for over 5000 miles on my motorcycle.

Jamie

Try GPS City. I have not looked there, but they have a lot of RAM stuff and probably have what you are looking for.

Unless I missed it, I have tried GPS City and all of the retailers RAM lists on their website. I will email RAM directly and see if they have even released it yet and I will post any news.

I note with interest that unlike the Meridian RAM mounts, the explorist mounts appear to accommodate the cable plug such that one need not screw it in by hand.  Rather, the cable is affixed to the mount and will mate with the GPSr once the unit is clicked into the mount...as in the Magellan mount implementation.  Good!

No kidding! In the meantime, I made a simple modification so I could attach a Magellan cradle to a RAM mount. So far it's worked perfectly for over 5000 miles on my motorcycle.

Jamie

Just did a mod of the RAM mount using the Meridian mount...

RamMag.jpg

RAM.jpg

Edited by Dirtnapper