Blankets Needed **urgent**

TetrAmigos

Fellow Southwestern Geocachers ~

We are sending out this email to support the displaced victims of the Pakistan earthquake. We'll be very busy over the next 2 weeks, so if you'd like to reach me please use the contact info at the bottom of this post.

In the aviation business, we're in touch with people all over the world daily and when I heard about the earthquake in Pakistan I fired off emails to people I knew in the area. Frankly, I didn't expect a reply but one of them who is stationed at Karachi Airport in Pakistan was able to send out a message when electricity and telephone service was restored to the airport. In my message to him, I'd asked how (if anything) we could help them out. At this time, we've coordinated with a few of the countries nearby to provide airborne services to ferry in aid. The two items they need the most are water and blankets.

Water is not effective to ship from here, as (1) gallon weights just over 8 pounds--it'd be better to just send money in that case. However, Dana and I decided that we could figure out a way to run a blanket drive for the Pakistani earthquake victims. They need all the help they can get, and frankly this seems like the best option for us to send.

If you have any serviceable blankets that you can spare for this effort, it would be a great cause and a reliable way to provide aid. I'm working on the logistics of getting the blankets to Pakistan, but I'm not to worried about that right now. We need blankets first. We've already secured space available on Pakistan International Airlines and Southwest Airlines to get the blankets to where they need to go.

Please reply to this email or give me a call if you have clean, serviceable blankets to spare. I don't want this to turn into a mass email, because they look fraudulent and get deleted. Please tell anyone you know and give them my email address or phone number. We'll coordinate from there.

--

Blue Skies,

Mark McCoy

President & CEO

McCoy Aviation, Inc.

805.338.5970 / tel

206.350.6279 / fax

McCoyAviation / skype ID

Mark.McCoy@McCoyAviation.com

http://www.McCoyAviation.com

McCoy Aviation, Inc. | 2820 Townsgate Road, Suite #204 | Westlake Village, CA 91361

Edited by acPilot

So far we've got drives running in Pennsylvania, Long Beach CA, Westlake Village CA, and possibly Ventura CA. We need more help.

All we need right now is warm blankets to spread a little hope to the displaced vicitms who've lost their homes (and for many, the primary house breadwinner too). Please call or shoot us an email if you can help out.