Who Makes The Rules?

I know the category manager gives instructions for creating waymarks and also for logging them, A large number of waymark creators give logging instructions in their waymark. I know all the old locationless people are hung up on the "standard GPS in the picture" thing but I don't think creators have any control over the loggers. Is this correct? (Sorry, I have a hard time putting a question into cipherable words, hope this makes a little sense).

Here's how I think this all works:

The category manager sets both the waymark creation requirements and waymark logging (visit) requirements. The waymark creation requirements appear on the waymark creation page, and the warmark logging requirement are shown when somebody logs a visit to a waymark.

The waymark creator has no ability to turn off or modify the logging requirements as established by the category manager. These requirements show up at the top of the visit log page no matter what (at least thats how it works today). In order for a waymark creator to have a different set of requirements than the category manager has specified, the waymark creator would have to include such requirements in the text in the body of the waymark description.

Since the category manager can see this text at the time a waymark is being submitted for approval, presumably the waymark could be rejected (or archived) by the category manager if the category manager saw a requirement which wasn't deemed appropriate.

Similarly, the category manager could just let it go, if he/she didn't mind the waymark creator changing the logging requirements.

So, the short answer is that I believe it's all up to the category manager.