Can't Find Your Benchmark?

evenfall

Have you found a Brass Disc or Survey Mark not listed Here?

Frequently, we are asked what to do when a benchmark is found which does not seem to be listed on the list of known Benchmarks here on Geocaching.

There are a lot of optional answers, but before we start with the the questions, Please have a look at the Benchmark Hunting FAQ to see if there is an answer to the question you have.

Here's the link to Geocaching's Benchmark Hunting FAQ:

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/

Good luck and Good Hunting! Please feel free to start a thread in the forum should you have a question the FAQ doesn't answer!

Rob

Just getting around to logging my finds (10-29). I took a 11,446 mile tour of this beautiful country of ours. Went through 32 states, and visited 17 national parks or memorials plus. I took a pic of a benchmark but I can't locate it through geocaching and I can't remember for sure where it was, I think in Yellowstone NP near a pond. It was a US Coast Guard Geodetic Survey marker with 8413.920 and K12 /1923. Can antone help me ? Thanks regerrish@msn.com

Sorry OMT,

I intended as the author of this thread, for it to be a note for information. An answer for those who find survey markers which are not listed, and to direct those who are wondering, how to get more information. Not a discussion thread.

If you have specific questions, Please feel free to post a question in the forum.

I am re-closing this thread so as to keep it from becoming a menagerie of disconnected thoughts, as well as a clearing house for unanswerable questions.

Thanks, and see you in the forums,

Rob