60cs Distance To Waypoint Unit Of Measure

FletchWL

Hello all!

This is my first post, so I guess I've been a lurker until now.

My question is for the Garmin 60cs users out there. Can you select/change the unit of measure for the distance to a waypoint?

I've just about made up my mind on the 60cs for my next GPSr. But, I'd like to make sure that the distance to waypoint can be displayed in yards.

Sorry if this subject has been covered in other threads. I did some searches and couldn't come up with anything. I also did some searches on Garmin's website.

One more quick question from an explorist 300 user: The 60cs will project waypoints, right?

Thanks in advance!

FletchWL

What does project a waypoint do anyway??? I can't figure it out.......

Lets say there is a spot 5 miles north you want to go to (such as the top of a mountain). You know as you get closer to the mountain you might not be able to see it because of trees or other obstructions, but you can see it from a distance. So you project 5 miles in a given direction and drop a waypoint. Then the GPS will always point you to that waypoint. It may not be exact, but it will get you close.