Catagory Proposal: Your Name On A Tombstone

Now that would be interesting for most people (wouldn't work for me--as the family historian, I know that there have been exactly 512 people with my married surname spelled as it is, and none of them have had either my first or middle name as a given name....my maiden name has even fewer total people--only 376---so I can't play..)

...but I do think others would like to do this one.

Great idea! I once found the tombstone of someone who died the same day I was born. I was just young enough at the time that it creeped me out a bit. Now I wish I could remember where it was so I could get my pic beside it! I suppose I would get double points if he had my name AND died the day I was born! That would be all too cool/creepy!

I vote you a yes and suggest the birth/death day coincidence as another sub-cat!

It's very funny, but the rest of waymarkers will no take any interest in your or my waymarked tombstone. It's is an curious place just for yourself, not for everybody

Since Waymarking is a way to mark unique locations on the planet in order to share with others, but a tombstone with your name is only a peculiar place only for you.

It's very funny, but the rest of waymarkers will no take any interest in your or my waymarked tombstone. It's is an curious place just for yourself, not for everybody

Since Waymarking is a way to mark unique locations on the planet in order to share with others, but a tombstone with your name is only a peculiar place only for you.

Since Waymarking is also a replacement for locationless caches, there may be categories where the goal is list waymarks just for the sake of finding something and not necessarily to share that location so that others can visit. I think most of the sub-categories in Coordinate Play will be like this. Its unlikely that a Palindromic location would be interesting for someone else to visit.