Amazon: Big Garmin Sale

kerecsen

Amazon is having a sale of some sorts on Garmin receivers. The prices aren't earth-shattering, but there are some decent deals to be had...

Amazon is okay, since there's often no sales tax or shipping, but watch out if you add something from one of their online merchants to your cart.

I was all set to order an Etrex basic model, case, and car adapter for 117.00 plus shipping. The car adapter was from "GPS For You" because it was 23.90 versus 27.00 for the Amazon one. Of course, the free shipping doesn't apply to vendors outside Amazon. I figured the price would still beat Walmart's $110.00 combo deal (plus tax and shipping, while supplies last). The shipping and handling for "GPS For You" was 26 dollars and some change, which seemed a tad high.

The lesson for today: if you order from a web merchant via Amazon, PAY ATTENTION to what they're charging you. Deal with "GPS For You" (somehow related to "Grateful Biz Marketing") cautiously if at all. Read the itemized amounts BEFORE you approve and submit the order! I didn't submit the order.