Geocachng Software For S60 Pnone & Bt Gps

page28

Just a general request to see if anybody has come across geocaching software that you can use on a symbian series 60 phone , ie a Nokia 6600 or a 6630.

I know that TomTom works well on the Nokia phones with a bluetooth GPS and that got me wondering :laughing: . My phone goes with me everywhere so it would be ;):D to use that for caching.......

This S60 GPS application has basically everything that is needed (and more), even if no geocaching features: AFTrack

We've used it to find some caches, and it really works.

I found that the old N-Gage had better form factor which allowed rubber-banding a BT GPSr on top of it, where it wasn't shaded by the phone or user's hands.

mikahe I have Downloaded the trial version it looks quite good...Since you have used it do you know... is there a limit to the number of waypoints that you can have in a gpx file, the import data dialog just sits there when i try it on a 3Mb file. if i use gsak to generate a smaller one 10-20 entries it takes very little time...

I've started using AF track as well, works like a charm. I use TomTom Mobile 5 to get as close as possible (either by car, of by bicycle), and AFtrack provides execellent guidance for the last stretch.

If you have questions or suggestion, I suggest you mail the author - he's very responsive!

René

I've started using AF track as well, works like a charm. I use TomTom Mobile 5 to get as close as possible (either by car, of by bicycle), and AFtrack provides execellent guidance for the last stretch.

What version of AFTrack you using? Is it the S60 3rd Edition? If so, which version? I'm running 3rd Edition Version 1.01 on my Nokia e65, and the compass card seems to scramble while navigating. Also, I can't navigate below about 5mph! Below that it just freezes the bearing.

Cheers,

Ratty

What version of AFTrack you using? Is it the S60 3rd Edition? If so, which version? I'm running 3rd Edition Version 1.01 on my Nokia e65, and the compass card seems to scramble while navigating. Also, I can't navigate below about 5mph! Below that it just freezes the bearing.

Cheers,

Ratty

How do you use it to add coordinates ?? I have never done this at all before, and i just dont get how it works ?? Any guide out there? How do i add the coordinate i want to find ?? Is there another way by adding a file with the coordinate ??

I got smart2go installed works fine, except it crashes my nokia n93 sometimes, and i cant uninstall it grrr.