Category Proposal: First Engineering Feats

This category would be open to only the first construction of it's kind in the world, with an example supported by photos and references.

It could include for example: bridges, roads, buildings and tunnels. There could be several examples in each sub-category ie bridges could include Suspension, Cantilever, Iron, Steel etc.

How about it?

I throw in my support for this category!

I am proposing a 'friendly amendment' that it include more than 'civil engineering' firsts.

I am investigating such sites in my area, with a focus on manufacturing and mechanical engineering related sites/artifacts. I could post well over a hundred!

Maybe a sub-category or two would work.

N/S

It would be interesting to include more than simply civil engineering waymarks if there were a clear location associated with the "first" for any other achievement or feat. For example, just up the road from me is the room where Joseph Priestly "discovered" Oxygen (Bowood House, Wiltshire, UK).

I vote yes, but please make it a series of categories rather than just one which would be much too broad

I would also like to include a category for failed firsts, such as the first pyramid which actually collapsed because they had not yet learned a fundamental principle of pyramid design..