Modifications To A Cache Page By Owner.

Apollo Bob

Sometimes for any number of reasons, an owner makes changes to their cache page. Maybe they've added hints. Maybe they've changed coordinates or added info about parking. I recently saw a 2 stage multi that got changed to a traditional - the redirector was removed, and the coords changed to the final cache instead.

Whether caching paperless or with printed pages, if you have old info your hunt could be affected. It would be helpful to be able to look at a search page and maybe have an icon reflecting recent owner changes to a page. At a glance, similar to the "New" icon, maybe. Of course, the downside of that is I wouldn't expect such an icon to stay up indefinitely, so I suppose there would always be a risk to miss updated info. I may be the only one obssessive enough to browse my unfound cache list daily, so maybe this would only help me. :laughing:

For all I know there may be something like this for premium members via PQ, but I thought I'd mention it.

For all I know there may be something like this for premium members via PQ, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yes, there is that function in PQ's.

The problem of stale data will affect everyone, premium member or not. It's always a good idea to check the cache page before going out on the hunt.

Also, if you look at the very bottom of the cache page there is a date/time stamp of the last update to the page.

The problem of stale data will affect everyone, premium member or not. It's always a good idea to check the cache page before going out on the hunt.

Also, if you look at the very bottom of the cache page there is a date/time stamp of the last update to the page.

FYI the Time/Date stamp should not be used to tell if the page has been updated. It will only tell you that the page has not been updated.

Actually no, the "last updated" is advanced whenever a log is added to the cache by anybody, including finds, DNF's, notes, etc.

The "Updated in the last 7 days" setting in the PQ setup page will include all caches, update, found, not found or where any other note has been attached to it.

Test it for yourself, go click the link that shows all the caches close to you and select one that was found today, preferably one that has been around for a while. It will have today's date for "Last Updated".

Actually no, the "last updated" is advanced whenever a log is added to the cache by anybody, including finds, DNF's, notes, etc.

The "Updated in the last 7 days" setting in the PQ setup page will include all caches, update, found, not found or where any other note has been attached to it.

Test it for yourself, go click the link that shows all the caches close to you and select one that was found today, preferably one that has been around for a while. It will have today's date for "Last Updated".

The "last updated" *used* to return only those caches whose pages were edited within the past 7 days, NOT any cache that had received logs. But because of persistent requests from the "offline database" school of PQ thinking, this was changed.

The "last updated" *used* to return only those caches whose pages were edited within the past 7 days, NOT any cache that had received logs. But because of persistent requests from the "offline database" school of PQ thinking, this was changed.

Was this done to accomidate the "offline database" school of PQ thinking or to disrupt it. It seams that just about every cache in the area has been updated within the week, making the flag almost useless.

The "last updated" *used* to return only those caches whose pages were edited within the past 7 days, NOT any cache that had received logs.  But because of persistent requests from the "offline database" school of PQ thinking, this was changed.

Was this done to accomidate the "offline database" school of PQ thinking or to disrupt it. It seams that just about every cache in the area has been updated within the week, making the flag almost useless.

Sounds like a topic for another thread. It really has nothng to do with this thread.

Personal opinion.