Downloadable Cache Lists Zipped W Cache Details

The Meadmaker

Two sides to the issue.

Since I live in California and there are currently more that 21 thousand active caches I would need to create 43 PQ's to get all of them, but I can only create 20. Even if I could since I can only run 5 a day it would take 9 days to run all of them.

On the other had there are real ownership of data issued to deal with as a person no honor could take the prebuilt state GPX files and build there own competing geocache website, which would be bad.

Two sides to the issue.

Since I live in California and there are currently more that 21 thousand active caches I would need to create 43 PQ's to get all of them, but I can only create 20. Even if I could since I can only run 5 a day it would take 9 days to run all of them.

On the other had there are real ownership of data issued to deal with as a person no honor could take the prebuilt state GPX files and build there own competing geocache website, which would be bad.

Huh?

Why would you possibly want all 21,000+ caches in the entire state of California?

Why would you possibly want all 21,000+ caches in the entire state of California?

Well actually I don't, but the OP was asking for that and I was giving an extreme example. However if someone was going to drive through a state they might want it so they could plan what caches they could find along a given highway. Since there is no way to generate a PQ for caches along a route, you would have to create a number of PQ's covering the route and then use something like GSAK to cut down the number to a more manageable set.

Now I am not asking for that, and I don't think it would be good for Groundspeaks business model.

Edited by Blanston12
Actually, he asked for state or ZIP.  For all we know, he could have wanted PQs of caches in Rhode Island.  I bet I could get all those in one PQ.

Yes, all the caches in Rhode Island would fit in a single PQ. I don't think there is a way to get all the caches in a single zip code, and why you would want that I don't know, but if you could I am sure that they would all fit into a single PQ.

Although a recent story in the Cupertino Courier newspaper states there are 6000 active caches within the town of Cupertino. Since the town Cupertino is not that big of an area they may have more than 500 caches within a single zip code.

Its in the newspaper so it must be true.

Edited by Blanston12