Waypoints To Sd Card

paulamur

I just purchased a Meridian Gold, and want to send waypoints to an SD Card to load into the GPSr. I'm using GSAK and having no success in getting this done. Do I use the export to Magellan/SD protocol, then save the file so the extension is .gs? Should I then be able to insert the card into the GPSr and see the waypoints in the use database, or do I need to do something else?

I hope someone can help.

Never mind, I just found Card Utilities in the menu on the GPSr. I got it to work.

Also remember that the Merigold will only hold 500 waypoints. If you are near to that number and you try to import more, it will _not_ give you an error that you're out of space, but it won't import them either.

Speaking from experience.

You can use GSAK and create the file and write it to the SD card while the card is in a card reader. Name it with any or no extension, it does not matter--the Meridian will recognize it as a waypoint file.. You can use different extensions for your own file management/sorting purposes.

Another way is to send the waypoints directly to the Meridian through the serial cable. (YOu may want to save and clear any waypoints currently in the working memory before importing.) Then save the waypoints into a file.

Well here I go again being confused...I just purchased a 1GB micro card for my Garmin CX.....I was assumingI good expand the memory so I could download more caches....I get the impression this is not so....so what is the point in having this card..for maps?...and why do I need maps and what kind of maps do I need if I need them... :D

Edited by hisgrace1