What Software Do You Lowrance Owners Use?

Since I havent shelled out the money for Mapcreate yet, I'm using GDM6 for waypoint transfer, and gpsbabel for the waypoint conversion.

Thats it! No offense to Clyde or anything, but the swiss army knife program is too much for me. :P I dont cache that much to need that many customizable option. (it is a good program though from what I hear)

Being the impatience sort and unable to wait for GSAK/GPSBabel updates, I've rolled two of my own utilities. If anyone is interested, I'll freely send these to you.

One is an MS Excel application. It will allow you to easily import downloaded LOC files, as many as you'd like, into a single spreadsheet. Here you can do all the waypoint management you need. Then click another button to export them all to a single USR file for porting to the SD memory card.

The other is a stand-alone application that will convert all the contents of a USR file to GPX format. This is cool, because this allows you to use another free application, USAPhotoMaps, to view your GPX encoded trails overlaid onto satellite images.

Reid.

Being the impatience sort and unable to wait for GSAK/GPSBabel updates, I've rolled two of my own utilities. If anyone is interested, I'll freely send these to you.

One is an MS Excel application. It will allow you to easily import downloaded LOC files, as many as you'd like, into a single spreadsheet. Here you can do all the waypoint management you need. Then click another button to export them all to a single USR file for porting to the SD memory card.

The other is a stand-alone application that will convert all the contents of a USR file to GPX format. This is cool, because this allows you to use another free application, USAPhotoMaps, to view your GPX encoded trails overlaid onto satellite images.

Reid.

Sure count me in on this. I could use the GPX file export utility. :D

Regards,

------ MegaMapper -------