Different Emails

TeamK-9

I love my watchlist. I have tons of my favorite caches on my watch list, and I love to read the logs of other finders.

Anyway, recently, I realized how large my watchlist was, and how many emails I was actually getting in short periods of time. I have a gmail account so space is not an issue. But I decided to get a separate email account specifically for geocaching related stuff.

So now I have a geocaching email addy and a personal email addy, with the geocaching addy entered as my official email address on geocaching.com

Anyway, it has just now occured to me that any time someone sends me an email through the site, it goes to my geocaching email. For obvious reason, I would like to give email from other geocachers priority, and to insure that it gets a prompt response, I think it would be better if it went straight to my personal account.

So, would it be at all possible to allow users to specify email addresses for different features. For example, I'd love to get my insta-notify, emails from other geocachers, and weekly cache update sent to my personal account, but I'd like my watchlist sent to my other account just to eliminate the clutter.

Is there any way this is possible, or can be made possible in the future?

I love my watchlist.  I have tons of my favorite caches on my watch list, and I love to read the logs of other finders.

Anyway, recently, I realized how large my watchlist was, and how many emails I was actually getting in short periods of time.  I have a gmail account so space is not an issue.  But I decided to get a separate email account specifically for geocaching related stuff.

So now I have a geocaching email addy and a personal email addy, with the geocaching addy entered as my official email address on geocaching.com

Anyway, it has just now occured to me that any time someone sends me an email through the site, it goes to my geocaching email.  For obvious reason, I would like to give email from other geocachers priority, and to insure that it gets a prompt response, I think it would be better if it went straight to my personal account.

So, would it be at all possible to allow users to specify email addresses for different features.  For example, I'd love to get my insta-notify, emails from other geocachers, and weekly cache update sent to my personal account, but I'd like my watchlist sent to my other account just to eliminate the clutter.

Is there any way this is possible, or can be made possible in the future?

Gmail doesn't use folders, but it does use labels. You can use the rules editor to attach labels to the bookmark and watchlist emails. Then just hit the label's link to view only the mail with that label.

Also, you could use the filters to forward email thats not either watchlink or bookmark generated to some other mailbox.

Edited by Prime Suspect