White Jeep Contest Help!

swampdinos

Help! I'm trying to enter the TB contest and I took a really great picture with my travel jeep, then dropped him into a cache 2000 miles away from home. I thought the tracking number on my inventory page would allow me to enter the contest. I didn't realize I would have to keep a copy of the number on the tag. I haven't officially dropped him into the new cache that he was physically placed in because I want to enter the contest. The contest page said if I couldn't find the tracking number, I could return to the cache where I found him and take a picture of my GPS, which I did, but now I can't edit my submission and upload the pic of the GPS coordinates. Any helpful suggestions?

If the TB is still in your inventory, then go through the process of "posting a note" on any cache. If you look below the text window, you'll see a list of the travel bugs you have in your inventory. Next to each is the bugs tag number. Write it down. Exit out of posting the note. And go enter the contest.

I've got that number. Apparently that number is not the same as the jeep tracking number though. I don't even know why it is in question about the tracking number because I obviously had to have it to get the jepp in my inventory in the first place. I could still alter my submission by uploading the picture of my GPS at the cache retrieval site, but it won't let me edit my submission. Help!

i had the same problem. the page said that the # i had was the wrong one. even though i went back to the cache, crossed the creek again, hiked all the way up the hill to verify the number. i just posted it and hoped for the best. my page clearly shows that i picked up the jeep, had it for a few days, and placed it into the cache it currently resides in. i guess we will see what happens.