Map

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if I travelled from Toronto to Vancouver if that would fit on one map. Assuming I just keep the section of road I would need to travel on (main highways only)

Also one you load a map, does it need to keep loading for different sections of the map or does it just scroll seamlessly onto the next screen when needed?

You wont be able to load a region from vancouver to toronto because regions are square and toronto is way south of Vancouver, which means to include vancouver and toronto in the same region you would have to include about a dozen US states in the region.

In DirectRoute you could make a region of BC to Manitoba than one of Southern Ontario.

Edited by D0T-C0M
ahhh I see.. ok I didn't realize they had to be square. that kinda sucks but oh well. Should have the option to grab it in a rectangular shape also.

Still wondering about the loading of maps. Does it load once or keeps loading even after the initial load?

thx Dot Com.

you can make it rectanglar. You still still will get a dozen US states in the region. You would only get around this if the region was multi sided.

Also... I guess the DR maps have less detail than the topo maps since they are smaller.

Yes DR maps have less detail than the topo maps in my experience but than again DR is for all of North America and topo canada is only for canada.

Edited by D0T-C0M

THx Dot Com

The more I read reviews and get feedback, the more I'm less optimistic in purchasing an explorist. Athought the PDS version like the Garmin ique are less used for geocaching, the interfaces are much nicer and the maps look nicer. For example the new M3 comes with all the maps you need. Do not have to spend extra money on more maps. I figure the price of the explorist 500 or 600 is nice but then you factor in all the maps and possibly another SD card and it spikes!