Other Casio E-125 Geocachers Out There?

Recently started geocaching. I have a Casio Cassiopeia E-125 (Windows CE 3.0). Started using iSilo to be able to go paperless, but would love to have a gsak-like program for my old Casio.

So my questions are...

Are you still using your Casio E-125?

What software are you using for your geocaching habit?

Is the software still available?

Thanks,

FlygURL

Just wondering how you've made out with this? I too also have an E-125 and have been playing around with it. I am currently trying two different ways of loading and using data. 1.) I loaded Mobireasder into the unit, and load the .prc data sent from GC (Mobireader seems to run with no performance issues to speak of). 2.) I export the files from GSAK in html format, then I just use the browser built into the unit. The 2nd method takes quite awhile to load when transferring from the computer to the E-125 (USB connection) when a lot of caches are being loaded, but this method also seems to be the easiest to use and the most user friendly. BTW Kudos to GSAK for the html format output.

Cheers,

WebbWalkers

Just to give an idea on how this is working, I have made some observations on the performance of using IE. Currently using ActiveSync 3.8.0 for data loading. To load all caches into the unit takes about 10-15 minutes using USB 1.1. :D

The following is how the test was setup.

Total Caches loaded into E-125 = 940 (State of CT)

6.23mb(1871 files) of data space is used in main memory for this data.

Pocket Word is also loaded in memory, since I keep this running to log notes while out caching.

Below are the load times of each selection with the .html files generated by GSAK

Main Menu = 1 sec

Sort by name = 35 sec

Placed by = 70 - 75 sec

Waypoint Code = 42 sec

Found Date = 42 sec

Found by me = 1-2 sec (only 16 so far)

Unfound Caches = 1 sec (11)

Cache Density = 1-2 sec

Home Bearing = 45 sec

Home Distance = 45 sec

Any selected cache, from any menu = 1-2 sec

Additional hints from cache page = 1sec

The long load times are really only encountered when selecting a new cache, since I keep the page displayed for the cache I’m currently in search of, it’s of little consequence. For those not familiar with the unit, the E-125 has no boot time when turning on, so the page is displayed instantly. As far as Mobireader goes, I don’t find it nearly as handy as viewing the caches as web pages and will be discontinuing the use of it for Geocaching..

Since this unit was already in semiretirement, I think it’s new life as a GeoTool should work out just fine.

Cheers

It's great to know that I am not alone.

GSAK to HTML to iSiloX/iSilo is working great. The delays are in iSiloX converting the html files to the iSilo format. Once in that format, the sync is under 10 minutes. The access to the files via iSilo on my Casio is great.

I still wish there were a GSAK like app for the E-125.

I loaded iSilo to give it a try, however the file size seemed to increase considerably and the conversion from .html to iSilo seemed to take quite a long time (didn’t time but had to be at least 15 minutes, same initial data as previously posted). I also had some issues with screen format size with message boxes and initial screen loads. Perhaps I just didn’t set it up correctly. I selected Pocket PC in setup, for what I think was the display settings. And as far as file size it could be I didn’t set the hyperlink depths correctly, I used default settings. Any ideas?

Also an update to my original observations on performance, seems the delay in transferring to the E-125 with the .html data from my previous post was the file move across the network. If the E-125 is connected directly to the machine where the files reside, download time is cut down to 2 minutes.

Cheers