Danger!!

cmdr358

B) I am very disappointed. I took a friend and her two young teens out to show them the game today. Upon finding & opening our second cache of the day what do I find? A LOADED MOUSE TRAP sitting right on top. If I hadn't been looking over their shoulders when the kids opened the cache one of them might have gotten hurt. Be careful everyone, looks like no matter where you go in this world their is going to be some A-Hole trying to ruin other peoples fun.

The cache I refer to is.......Oslo Riverfront & it is located in Vero Beach, Florida so maybe this is just an A-Hole of the local variety & not a traveller. I removed the device and destroyed it on the spot.

Edited by cmdr358

umm...

before your log this was posted

July 17 by redb1rd35 (20 found)

Very impressive tree....and nice place to hide stuff....

took cache pin, lady bug,,, left toy soldier, expanding sponge pill, domino, and MOUSE TRAP....

Redb1rd35

And after your entry

We put the mouse trap in but we didn't set it!!!

Redb1rd35

1.I doubt a loaded mouse trap would fit into a cache.

When loaded the mouse trap’s arm is extended outward.

2. Mouse traps are sensitive there’s no way you could have “pulled it out” if it was loaded.

But there’s no reason to put a mouse trap in a cache, a kid geocacher could have played with it and got hurt.

As the Geocaching faq states

What shouldn't be in a cache?

Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, ammo, knives, drugs, and alcohol shouldn't be placed in a cache. Respect the local laws. All ages of people hide and seek caches, so use some thought before placing an item into a cache

umm...

before your log this was posted

Very impressive tree....and nice place to hide stuff....

took cache pin, lady bug,,, left toy soldier, expanding sponge pill, domino, and MOUSE TRAP....

Redb1rd35

And after your entry

We put the mouse trap in but we didn't set it!!!

Redb1rd35

1.I doubt a loaded mouse trap would fit into a cache.

When loaded the mouse trap’s arm is extended outward.

2. Mouse traps are sensitive there’s no way you could have “pulled it out” if it was loaded.

But there’s no reason to put a mouse trap in a cache, a kid geocacher could have played with it and got hurt.

As the Geocaching faq states

What shouldn't be in a cache?

Use your common sense in most cases. Explosives, ammo, knives, drugs, and alcohol shouldn't be placed in a cache. Respect the local laws. All ages of people hide and seek caches, so use some thought before placing an item into a cache

Well actually IT WAS LOADED< IT WAS IN THE CACHE LOADED< & I reached in and triggered it with my pen. Yup, could have hurt a kid for sure.