25th Anniversary Cache In San Francisco?

Hi!

Mindles and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary with a trip to San Francisco. Of course we will be caching. I would like to hear from some Californians as to what you think would be a really cool, memorable (photo opportunity) cache for us to do on our anniversary day. We tentatively have scheduled a trip to Muir Woods, Sausalito on that day by rent-a-car but could still do one in the city. It will also be a milestone cache, either 600 or 700. (depending on how we do in August.)

Thanks!

Kipkay

Edited by Kipkay & Mindles

Local forum activity for San Francisco has migrated to www.thegba.net and you can post there (may need to make a log-in name).

That said, I tend to waypoint travel bugs at these photogenic locations: Golden Gate Bridge, California Cable Car terminus at California St and Market, and various bayside views. You can walk on the bridge deck for my Gate Promenade or below, and finish the multi 2 miles away. Everybody's favorite Sounds of the Bay is on a jetty with a view of both the Golden Gate and Alcatraz. A nice 20 minute picnic hike is is LTVOSF (or something) west of the GG Bridge, at Kirby Cove in the Marin Headlands. Ferry rides to either Sausalito or Alcatraz are nice too.

BuckDef has a favorites list at thegba.net.