Etrex Legend C Cache Manager

Piwo

Yes there is a forum...and a politer way to point that out...but that is OT B)

Have you tried GSAK for your Legend C? It works great with my Legend and I have not heard of anyone having compatability issues with it. If you click on the resources link on the left of the main gc.com page there is a list of software available. Good luck.

edited to clarify where the link was

Edited by ohgrl

Now that you're here (the Units and Software Forum), I'll confirm that there are two general approaches. One is EasyGPS, which is free (it supports USB in version 1.3.7, but it doesn't know that there is such a thing as a Legend C--you have to lie to it and tell it you have a Garmin 60C, then click to enable USB)

The other approach as noted by ohgrl, is GSAK. It's not free (but you can get a free trial). It has lots more functionality than EasyGPS, and supports the Legend C via USB.

I have an eTrex Legend C, firmware 2.50. I installed both GSAK and EasyGPS. Both can talk to the GPSr, but here's the weird part. They can only receive. When I do a send, nothing happens - no errors in either piece of software and nothing on the GPSr.. I am running Windows XP.

Any ideas? MapSource, by the way, works fine for sends and receives.

edit - never mind, call me a newbie.. I thought I had tried the obvious of plug/unplug, but apparently had not. It is working fine with both pieces of software.

Scott

Edited by sdevine