Tb's And Cache Sizes

hitthegroundrunning

A couple of weeks ago I found a cache with a TB. So I took it, but am now trying to find a cache large enough to handle it. Is there a way, when searching for caches, to search based on cache size?? I don't think so, but it might be a nice feature for the future. And is there a description on the relative sizes the cache types should be? I know of cache definitions (on geocaching.com), but I have not been able to find a page describing how large a regular cache should be.

In the upper right corner of the CACHE PAGE, right under "Regular Cache" most cachers give the size of the cache...which can be described as Large (5-gallon bucket), Regular(Rubber Maid, Ammo Box), Small (Holds log book, small items) or Micro (25-mm Film Canister for example)

Those description are found on the form one fills out to hide a cache.

You can't search by size, but you can narrow it down. Search by postal code, then click new search and choose "traditional cache" by postal code, and that elimnates virtuals, letterboxes, locationless, multis, events, CITOs, etc... Then you would have to check each page for size.

This may have been answered in another thread (still checking) but this seems an appropiate place to ask this question anyway.

I have a TB in my possession that is an unusual shape. I am targettign appropiately sized caches to send it on it's way . My inquiry relates to "ettiquete" logging the TB.

If I travel out to a regular cache, arrive with the TB in hand, but discover on site that the cache will not physically hold the TB, should I log the bug in and out, or should I just ignore it?