Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Data Needed Asap!

ppro

I am traveling to the Dominican Republic on the wee hours of Friday July 8. I can't find any detailed maps for my Garmin GPS V and so I am hoping to find someone who may have traveled to Punta Cana and recorded tracks while they were there. Any format/gps brand will be fine.

I have identified five or six caches that all appear to be sporadically maintained and have been placed in vulnerable places (beach sand, bus stop roofs, etc), and while I am contemplating placing a travel bug in one if it appears stable enough (and large enough) I may just be doing some sight seeing. Of course the other problem is our plane leaves on July 8, the day after a topical storm (hurricane) blows through there so it is even "iffy" that we'll be going.

Weather notwithstanding, any track data from DR would be most welcome. I am willing to trade data that I have for Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, PA and ME. See my web site for trip details (topo map graphic) http://4x4icon.com

ppro

ppro, looks like we are in the same boat.

Dive Princess and I are heading to Iberostar Dominicana in Punta Cana on July 10 and we'll be there until July 17.

Feel free to give the hotel a call and ask for us (Keith & Tracy McDonald) and we can try to find some of the caches together. I have a few travel bugs that want to drop off, so the team approach might help assure the caches are located and the bugs get dropped.

My e-mail is wreckdiver@adelphia.net if you want to try contacting me direct.