Pq In Email Thing..

Cap'n Dondo

Joined the Premium membership yesterday and did a couple of PQ's. I selected to recieve the info in my email, both the account email and an alternative. My alternative account will not accept zip files right now. But, that is temporary. I checked the ebook option as well. (I like the idea of paperless cache). Anyway, I have not recieved anything yet and it's going on 36 hours. I checked the days of the week, (Tuesdays/Wed). Did I forget to check something?

Dondo

Joined the Premium membership yesterday and did a couple of PQ's. I selected to recieve the info in my email, both the account email and an alternative. My alternative account will not accept zip files right now. But, that is temporary. I checked the ebook option as well. (I like the idea of paperless cache). Anyway, I have not recieved anything yet and it's going on 36 hours. I checked the days of the week, (Tuesdays/Wed). Did I forget to check something?

Dondo

What do they say for the last time run?

You say that you selected "both the account e-mail and an alternative." This is not possible. It is an either/or option, toggled by radio buttons. Once you press the radio button for an alternate e-mail and enter the address, the PQ will NOT be sent to your primary e-mail. Could that be the issue?

Also, have you used the preview feature to make sure that your query returns the intended results? Even experts goof up and check options that are guaranteed to return zero caches, like checking both the "owned by me" and "which I have found" boxes. That query would tell you only that you've been logging finds on your own hides. If you don't do that, which is generally the correct answer, you'll have empty query results.

The Leprechauns -- Guess I wasn't clear, I did the PQ several times and selected different delivery options each time. Sorry, guess I wasn't clear.. (too much Scotch anyway.. :-)

Update -- I did recieve my PQ last night, so I'm okay there. I'm using GSAK to look around at the GPX files, then I export them to Cachemate PBX (?) format. Seems, that you can only have 10 waypoints without paying for it. Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to save the little maps into the database to upload to the Palm or whatever? I noticed that the ebook thing isn't really all that helpful. I don't like how it scrolls across the screen. Kind of confusing. What would be cool is to download the GPX into GSAK, associate the little jpg maps of the location, and upload the whole thing into my Palm (Tungsten C if anyone wants to know).

Although, it is looking easier to use printed versions of things. More to keep track of, but faster.

Also, just a quick clarification, when you download "waypoints" to your Palm or GPS (in my case, Lowerance iFINDER Pro), a "waypoint" is simpily the location (Lat/Long) of the cache, correct? It isn't the actual "route" you take to get there. The route is what you figure out and save positions for, right?

Dondo

Edited by Cap'n Dondo