Addictive!

Spoo

I had to travel for work today locally. I couldn't take it. I travel this route often and thought I saw a few marks along the highway....not a great place to stop and hunt. But today, I down loaded some stuff and took it with me.

One was on the way there. OC1249. There is a guard rail at that location and lots of traffic behind me. Forget it.

But on the way back, I had downloaded OC1253 and OC1254. I also spotted a Witness Post and stopped at OC1255.

GREAT finds!!!!! These are Maine Department of Transportation disks that are accepted by NGS. (we call them MDOT around here, but they are listed as MEDT on the NGS lists)

See OC1253 for a good example. Interesting disk.

Then, on a whim, on a side road with a RR overpass, I just KNEW there had to be one here. I stopped and got another rare disk. Although this was not a FTF, I am excited over a 1922 find that the DoD was interested in, in 1978.

OC0051

(edit note: please note that the newbie that did FTF this mark has a better pic than mine. Also, if I had the NGS sheets at the time, it turns out there is a 2nd, newer mark at that location!)

I suspect the DoD inspected this RR line for some military travel that was taking place over it? Any other ideas?

Edited by Spoo

Spoo,

This is the reason that we have gotten into benching. The ones that are interesting & just plain fun to find!

If you are having fun finding them for whatever reason = quality time, even if they are beside the roadside or on a mountain top (which we remember that you have done those also)...

It boils down to "If you are not having fun...why bother?" We have to be having a good time because it is (after all is said & done) a past time, hobby, game, etc. We are not getting paid for any of the marks that we are recovering....just an exhilaration when we actually find something that others cannot find or they just drive or walk past, not knowing they are there.

Great finds! I love the DoD one....very interesting.

Shirley~