Fishing Cache

Celeron

It's tough to get good fishing suggestions from a geocache site. Try the Canadian forum, maybe the locals could provide input. You might want to post the locations/areas you can visit.

Edit to clarify getting GOOD suggestions.

Edited by BlueDeuce

It's funny, I like to fish as much or gasp, more than geocaching and I've seen this conversation come up from the fishing side *many* times ...

The problem is of course that an avid fisherman will both tell you "spend your time on the water and you'll learn where the fish are" (That's true and not Zen BS BTW) ... *and* even if there are regularly producing spots, they sure as heck aren't posting the coords on the internet so every yahoo with a pole and bucket can clean it out.

A snide editorial comment ... most avid fishermen are catch and release guys; most folks trolling the internet for good fishing spots are what we call 'meat hogs' that will keep every freakin' thing they catch ... so it's not a suprise that group A doesn't encourage group B ...

Sorry, that was more of a fishing answer than a geocaching one, but it's the core of why a *good* virtual of fishing spots is unlikely.

Since this is the forum for suggesting improvements for the website, perhaps I can assist in keeping the post on topic by transforming the question into a suggestion to add "fishing nearby" as a cache attribute.

Of course, that would open a whole can of worms, since the purpose of cache attributes is to convey information about the cache, not about nearby attractions like fishing or boating or frisbee playing. But if there's one for picnic tables, why not fishing?