Audiovox Gps And Gmrs Handheld Radio All In One

flir67

has anyone heard of audiovox gps units? I never had head of them making just but just found on on the froogle searching. has about the same specs as the garmin rhino 130 but its selling for

only 60.00?

here's the link

audiovox gps

edited:

priceaudiovox website info

what do you think worth a buy at that price?

I did research on it and it even transmits your position like the rhino 130 to another unit also has built in battery charger for ni-hm batteries.

Edited by flir67
has about the same specs as the garmin rhino 130 but its selling for

only 60.00?

Seems more like a 110 to me, or maybe just a yellow eTrex with GMR.

The 130 has a basemap with 24MB of map memory, electronic compass and altimeter. The AudioVox has none of that.

Still, to combine a yellow eTrex with a transceiver for $60.00, I'd be surprised if it was any better than the Cobra GPSrs :)

I like surprizes! I'd love to hear someone report that they're good units.

dont know about that unit, but their car stereos are kind of cheap units,

just remember you get what you pay for

I was thinking the same think,but have u seen their latest technology, people are not laughing at them anymore. but I think its still questionable personably.

:mad:

I had two of them. They are VERY user unfriendly but if your willing to take the time you may be able to figure out how to make them work. The user manual is worthless. The GPS unit only tracks 6 satellites and the position resolution is a bit course. For example if your looking for a latitude of 41-14.023 the Audiovox unit will only calculate to 41-14.02. The same for longitude. You can not upload or download waypoints or trails and getting the @##$ thing to trasmit your position to the other unit takes patiencs and a good memory. The GMRS radio is only slightly better than a .5 watt FRS radio. Your much better of with any of the new GMRS/FRS radios available.

I sold mine at a loss to get rid of them.