Awesome Deal On A Garmin Geko 301! ~$150

I just thought i would share the info, i bought a brand new geko 301 from

this guy on ebay and i got it and it is great!!! i thought it might be sketchy since he doesnt take paypal or cc, but he is a good seller... I sent him a check got the unit within a week. When i bought mine he had 22 units for sale, now he's down to 20...

Anyway... im enjoying my new GPS now, with WAAS and electronic compass... It is much better than using my PDA tethered to my nextel for caching...

(ps. i have no relation to the seller, except that i am a happy customer)

I can't say the guy is dishonest since his seller rating is 100% with 157 entries. But something is going on. The price is more then $30 cheaper than the lowest price I have seen anywhere else. That is *very* unusual. I suspect they have not moved through normal distribution channels. :)

:P

FYI - In the Garmin manuals it says:

"Products sold through online auctions are not eligible for rebates or other special offers from Garmin. Online auction confirmations are not acdepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, or original or copy of the sales receipt from the orginal retailer is required..."

ed

I hope by the time i would need warranty work on this unit they'll have come out with some even cooler models and I wont mind upgrading... I'm just happy to have this model especially with WAAS and electronic compass. Before this I was using my motorolla i530 connected to my Axim x50 for caching and routing. I can still connect to my PDA for routing using mapopolis (love it!) but now i have a robust standalone GPS... I guess I like the think the guy who sold me the unit bought too many for something and now is trying to make some money back... who knows... either way, my GPS is great!