Jump to content

HackAttack

+Premium Members
  • Posts

    73
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HackAttack

  1. How do I shut off WAAS? Plus does anyone else's batteries run out in 1 hour? Thanks in advance...
  2. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: Right - finally finished the new version with all the caches I could work out how close they were to the station. You can find it at the link below Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net/Index.html Chris, I wanted to thank you for all your time and effort. I left FOUR travel bugs in your cache. I believe this might be a record for the most in one cache at any given time. We had a wonderful time in London and want to thank all of the locals for a fantastic time. I have a great story about an attempted mugging in Soho, but will save that for another time as I am still jet lagged. Kudos to all in the UK, you are truly incredible people.
  3. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: Right - finally finished the new version with all the caches I could work out how close they were to the station. You can find it at the link below Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net/Index.html Chris, I wanted to thank you for all your time and effort. I left FOUR travel bugs in your cache. I believe this might be a record for the most in one cache at any given time. We had a wonderful time in London and want to thank all of the locals for a fantastic time. I have a great story about an attempted mugging in Soho, but will save that for another time as I am still jet lagged. Kudos to all in the UK, you are truly incredible people.
  4. quote:Originally posted by Kimrobin: It costs nowt, and if nothing else it will keep those pesky Americans out of our discussions Of course, if you don't think it's a good idea, then tell me. Alex. You know I was really excited to come to London next week. However in the last few days I've been called "PESKY" and "INSULAR" (see this thread http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=1500909683&m=6080946593 ). I've got to wonder if I might be more accepted in Afghanistan.
  5. quote:Originally posted by Kimrobin: It costs nowt, and if nothing else it will keep those pesky Americans out of our discussions Of course, if you don't think it's a good idea, then tell me. Alex. You know I was really excited to come to London next week. However in the last few days I've been called "PESKY" and "INSULAR" (see this thread http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=1500909683&m=6080946593 ). I've got to wonder if I might be more accepted in Afghanistan.
  6. quote:Originally posted by HackAttack: I purchased a eTrex(generic) car adapter on eBay (however it is not made by Garmin). When I have it plugged into my Vista and I take the batteries out of my Vista, my Vista shuts off. How do you test the adapter to see if it is actually working (without leaving it plugged in overnight)? Thank you, it works. I'll try to close the thread.
  7. I purchased a eTrex(generic) car adapter on eBay (however it is not made by Garmin). When I have it plugged into my Vista and I take the batteries out of my Vista, my Vista shuts off. How do you test the adapter to see if it is actually working (without leaving it plugged in overnight)?
  8. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As promised I have created a caching on the tube map which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/tubecache.html. I have also started a guide to caching in London which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/London.html Constructive criticism gratefully received - don't mention the spelling mistakes. Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" " TARGET=_blank>http://"http://www.sheps.clara.net/Index.html" Chris, just wanted to let you know there are two Sherlock 1 - The Game is Afoot. They're both right next to each other. Not sure if this is correct or not. Thanks, Again. John quote:Boredom is the state of ones mind
  9. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As promised I have created a caching on the tube map which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/tubecache.html. I have also started a guide to caching in London which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/London.html Constructive criticism gratefully received - don't mention the spelling mistakes. Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" " TARGET=_blank>http://"http://www.sheps.clara.net/Index.html" Chris, just wanted to let you know there are two Sherlock 1 - The Game is Afoot. They're both right next to each other. Not sure if this is correct or not. Thanks, Again. John quote:Boredom is the state of ones mind
  10. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As promised I have created a caching on the tube map which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/tubecache.html. I have also started a guide to caching in London which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/London.html Constructive criticism gratefully received - don't mention the spelling mistakes. Chris THANK YOU, CHRIS. Unbelievable. You won't believe how much easier this makes it for out of towners. John
  11. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As promised I have created a caching on the tube map which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/tubecache.html. I have also started a guide to caching in London which can be found http://www.sheps.clara.net/London.html Constructive criticism gratefully received - don't mention the spelling mistakes. Chris THANK YOU, CHRIS. Unbelievable. You won't believe how much easier this makes it for out of towners. John
  12. quote:Originally posted by jeremyp: quote:Originally posted by Masher: If it's close to where you are staying, "London's First..." may still be worth a visit. As I said in the log, it MAY still be there and it's just my own ineptitude that prevented me from finding it. (I've missed 'em before, you know!). If nothing else, it's a nice park to walk through. Mark ---------------------- I was technical once I'd definitely go and look for it. If I remember correctly, it has quite a good view of London even if the cache has gone. It's quite close to Tombraider 2 as well. ------- jeremyp We're going to need a bigger boat! London's first is back on my list. I had definitely planned on doing tombraider II. Wanted to do Tombraider I, but not sure because it seems it takes quite a while to do. Can someone let me know if it is a multi-cache in one area where you can walk it all, or does it hop around where you need a car? HackAttack
  13. quote:Originally posted by jeremyp: quote:Originally posted by Masher: If it's close to where you are staying, "London's First..." may still be worth a visit. As I said in the log, it MAY still be there and it's just my own ineptitude that prevented me from finding it. (I've missed 'em before, you know!). If nothing else, it's a nice park to walk through. Mark ---------------------- I was technical once I'd definitely go and look for it. If I remember correctly, it has quite a good view of London even if the cache has gone. It's quite close to Tombraider 2 as well. ------- jeremyp We're going to need a bigger boat! London's first is back on my list. I had definitely planned on doing tombraider II. Wanted to do Tombraider I, but not sure because it seems it takes quite a while to do. Can someone let me know if it is a multi-cache in one area where you can walk it all, or does it hop around where you need a car? HackAttack
  14. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As A result of this discussion I'm currently working on a Caching Tube map. I'll post a link here when it's finished. Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" Chris, what do you think the time frame will be on this. John
  15. quote:Originally posted by Chris n Maria: As A result of this discussion I'm currently working on a Caching Tube map. I'll post a link here when it's finished. Chris "We're not lost - we just don't know where we are" Chris, what do you think the time frame will be on this. John
  16. I want to thank everyone. I did see "Londons First..." Had gone missing. I originally had it on my list because it's only a couple miles from where I'm staying (across from Hyde Park). That was a problem because that was gonna leave me with 7 virtuals and 1 actual cache. I have at least 4 Travel Bugs I need to drop off and I didn't want to leave them all in one cache. You guys(and or ladies) have all solved that problem . I'm gonna evaluate all the finds you have sent me and decide which ones I can go to. If you find anymore please feel free to post them. I don't leave for another 11 days. Virtual sightseeing one's are also welcome. Two more questions though: 1. Out of curiosity - what are the rules of caching in London. For example so far the only place I've heard you can't place a cache in America are National Parks. So Almost all our parks have them (In the DFW area). Is this prohibited in London? 2. the tapir asked if I have my A-Z? Don't know exactly what this is? Once again Thank You All and keep 'em coming
  17. I want to thank everyone. I did see "Londons First..." Had gone missing. I originally had it on my list because it's only a couple miles from where I'm staying (across from Hyde Park). That was a problem because that was gonna leave me with 7 virtuals and 1 actual cache. I have at least 4 Travel Bugs I need to drop off and I didn't want to leave them all in one cache. You guys(and or ladies) have all solved that problem . I'm gonna evaluate all the finds you have sent me and decide which ones I can go to. If you find anymore please feel free to post them. I don't leave for another 11 days. Virtual sightseeing one's are also welcome. Two more questions though: 1. Out of curiosity - what are the rules of caching in London. For example so far the only place I've heard you can't place a cache in America are National Parks. So Almost all our parks have them (In the DFW area). Is this prohibited in London? 2. the tapir asked if I have my A-Z? Don't know exactly what this is? Once again Thank You All and keep 'em coming
  18. Hi, I am coming to London the first week of April. I have never been to England and was hoping for some help from the locals. If anyone knows of caches that are easy walking distance from the tube. Could you please send me the geocache link. I already have paddington dare. I also have the 6 sherlock holmes and Tombraider II. If you are familiar with any of the others near the tube stations please send me the links. I was hoping to get some caching in plus I have some bugs I need to leave your way. Thanks in advance, HackAttack
  19. Hi, I am coming to London the first week of April. I have never been to England and was hoping for some help from the locals. If anyone knows of caches that are easy walking distance from the tube. Could you please send me the geocache link. I already have paddington dare. I also have the 6 sherlock holmes and Tombraider II. If you are familiar with any of the others near the tube stations please send me the links. I was hoping to get some caching in plus I have some bugs I need to leave your way. Thanks in advance, HackAttack
  20. I'd give it a week before worrying too much about it. This could have been someone from out of town on vacation doing a little caching. Probably doesn't have access to a computer and won't till he gets back? Give it a week then send out the search party.
  21. By the way I was ready to buy the GPS III plus until I saw the Legend had WASS (however doesn't have an antenna. Plus I believe the Legend has about 6.5 more Megs?
  22. I have the R&R and Topo so I wanted to stick with Garmin. Let me know your opinions on which is better between the GPS III Plus - Legend - Summitt - ?. I geocach and go out of town a bit. Thanks in advance.
  23. I'm from Texas and will be traveling to London in April. Without searching every cashe detail in the United Kingdom how would I go about just finding the coordinates for caches in the London Area? If anyone lives in London and can send me the coordinates I believe I can enter the as my home coordinates and fine casches that way.
×
×
  • Create New...