Jump to content

THE CASTOFFS

+Premium Members
  • Posts

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by THE CASTOFFS

  1. On 12/27/2022 at 5:18 AM, DreamMachine74 said:

    AL's count a hides too?? That's so odd. 

     

    After my last post here, I deleted my "finds" from ALs and can now forget about my redundant (subtract 15 from my find count) rule.

    I think I may be a bit late to the party here but to save me trawling through the entire topic ( have tried various searches) can you tell me how to delete adventure lab logs and lab cache (as they were 'in the old days') logs. I used to have 20 lab cache finds from two Mega events, which I didn't have a problem with, but now I have another 21 from Adventure Labs which are distorting my statistics, one of which, as far as I am aware is completely rogue, a single 'find' which I don't even recognize. I have got to the point now where I would be happy to delete them all and in future just log the physical adventure lab bonus before deleting the adventure lab itself.

    Thanks for any enlightenment.

     

  2. Re my earlier post, I have the opposite problem, I logged three caches prior to the reset in order to complete the caves, two of which don't seem to have registered, thus no souvenir. They also don't seem to have registered for the new souvenir. I got the same response, saying that I had posted BEFORE the reset which is what I said in the first place and what I intended. I've contacted them again clarifying the situation and posting a GSAK screenshot of my finds for the period although unfortunately that only shows a date and not the time. Waiting for an update before I bother with the next one (or not).

  3. Probably a connected problem. I went out and found 3 caches yesterday at around 11.00 BST (two hours before the reset time) and only the first one registered leaving me short of points to complete the caves. Waiting for a response to a message to GC. Interestingly the missing two caches didn't register on the new challenge either.

  4. 3 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

    As a webapp developer I can tell you that's not always the case. If rewriting the base code from the ground up to be an improved server experience, sometimes the interface simply can't be recreated to 'mimic' the old way - at least not easily, quickly, or cheaply.  What needs to be done in such a case is an use case analysis of the features and functionality people want or need the most, and prioritize the new UI design around that, and then go through the testing and release process. Designing what one might think is a UI improvement (whether or not the underlying code is improved) and releasing without heavy user testing is a VERY risky move... 

    I've never really got into that side of things so thanks for the insight.

  5. Not sure if this is still active but here goes anyway. I have exactly the same problem and I too am using a ballpoint to operate the switch. I Sourced a new rear case about a year ago but haven't tried changing it yet. It's worth noting that it's not a straight swap. The rear case I've got is just that, no battery contacts, no cradle contacts etc. just a piece of plastic with a rubber switch cover, lens cover. Everything else has to be carefully removed and transferred which is part of the reason I haven't bothered. I'm glad I found this thread. The duct tape and pencil eraser method sound like quite an attractive alternative. I've attached a couple of pictures.

    20201218_152420.jpg

    20201218_152408.jpg

  6. Apologies if this has been answered already but I've just completed my first Adventure Lab Cache, downloaded my Myfinds PQ into GSAK and I haven't got time to read every thread published. Why do we need these when we already have Wherigos? I can see Wherigos on the GC map and search via PQs, I get one cache count (not 5) for completing it, there's a physical container at the end and they appear correctly in my Myfinds PQ so they don't screw up my stats. Both types of cache require a separate app on a smartphone so there's no gain there either. I've completed twenty lab caches at two Mega events where they were given their own GC code (LB prefix though) and behave as normal caches as far as stats are concerned. Thanks in advance to anybody who can tell me why I need to bother with this new type and if I'm missing a point somewhere.

    • Upvote 1
  7. After weeks of agonizing and researching my Mobi replacement, I finally gave up and bought Cachemate. To those who are reluctant to make the jump, Cachemate is well worth the $8. Even though it requires an extra conversion, it is a MUCH better program. Once you set it up the first time, it's fairly simple to use. If you follow the "Quick Start" document on the website, it will make the learning curve much easier. Using my Treo while caching is enjoyable again.

     

    I'd just like to add my pennyworth; As above, not impressed when Mobipocket disappeared but have now registered cachemate and GSAK. Up and running in 30 minutes on a Palm Tungsten T5 and Garmin Etrex Legend C. What a superb combination, should have done it ages ago.

×
×
  • Create New...