Friday Skagit Trip

CENT5

Heading up to the Skagit Friday morning (8:30AM) to replace "Colters Run" (GCG794)

Also going to take a shot at EraSeeks "Skagit Delta Labyrinth" (GC3A3) which has not been logged since 7 Aug 04. Another EraSeek cache "Skagit Delta #2" is an easy 20 minute walk from the parking area.

I have a 15hp 14' Duckboat that will fit myself, the dog (If I leave with the duck boat he will NOT be happy nor will my wife.) and 1 other person.

I also have 3 canoes available from 15.5-17.5 ft. I can only haul 2 of them with the duckboat hooked up.

I have 3 sets of chest waders available 1 a mens sz 6 and 2 at sz 9.5-10. While not required, as such, waders are the way to attack this place with rubber boots the very minumum. Regular waders work well too.

I plan on towing 1 canoe down to replace Colters Run then crossing Freshwater Slough and leaving the duckboat behind. I plan on attacking "Skagit Delta Labyrinth" (GC3A3) from the North, which, to my knowledge, hasn't been tried. I have a pretty precise idea of where it's at from the north having hunted the area for 11+ years and am 95% sure you can get there from the N. It will be low tide so will require walking and pulling the canoes across some shallow areas.

When we get back to Freshwater slough I will tow the canoes (1 at a time) and ferry people back to the launch ramp. (15 minutes round trip.)

I basicly have gear (except boots) for myself and 5 others. Anyone else that wants to take a crack at it with their own kayak or canoe is welcome.

The weather looks like it will be reasonable and the tide is low all day.

Any takers?

Hope the river isn't running too fast.

The river's no problem with a 15hp motor. :)

The ONLY time the river is an issue and downright dangerous even with a motor is: in the dark, when it's at flood stage and the debris is so heavy. Been there, done that, still freaks me out.

Sometimes God smiles on fools. He did that night.

Had a GREAT morning with andrewrj on the run to replace the cache. Launched at the Skagit Wildlife HQ ramp and headed up Freshwater Slough and on to "Skagit Delta Labyrinth) (GC3A3). Picked that one up and went back to replace Colters Run. Was a beautiful morning to be out. Thanks for coming andrewrj.