.mps Back To .mpx?

I've taken my waypoints from .mpx format and converted them to .mps so I could use them in MapSource (used EasyMPS to do the conversion).

I edited the waypoints, and now want to put them back into a .mpx format to get them back into my GPS. How can I do this? I thought that EasyMPS did this, but it's been a long while since I used it and apparently I was wrong.

Please someone tell me I'm either just blind or point me to some software which can do the conversion for me? :unsure:

It's looking like my best deal in the future is to do the editing in EasyGPS, then convert to a .mps format when I want to actually use MapSource. I guess I've learned my lesson. Too bad I spent so much time updating the icons first.

Thanks!

-Cortney

Edited by cortneyofeden

I don't know what format ".mpx" is and I don't see it on Ian's site.

GPSBabel does lots of conversions and I believe it does them more "bidirectionaly" than EasyMPS does, but not knowing what MPX is, I won't take that bet.

Do note the alchemy affect - if you convert a file to a less robust format and then convert it back to the more robust format, the data you lost doesn't magically reappear.

Perhaps it's just my brain being screwed up due to being away from geocaching for way too long. :blink: Long enough that I've forgotten everything I figured out before about moving the files around.

I think I wanted to switch the data back to a .loc, rather than a .mps.

Thanks for the clues. And yeah..I didn't realise I could use the MapSource file to push the waypoints back into my GPS.

Oops. I really used to know better. At least back when I lived some place that my then-almost-200-finds was at the time relatively impressive.

Hooray for coming back to old addictions. :blink: Maybe I'll even have some work for you upcoming soon, Hemlock!

Edited by cortneyofeden