How do micro caches work?

Mr. Geobear

Usually a micro cache won't contain any writing instruments - many times they won't even have a log book, I've heard.

One person apparently uses tiny containers filled with a random amount of change that the finder has to verify in order to log the cache. That was kinda neat, until some cacher needs a quarter to call home or something. icon_smile.gif

I'm my "micros" I use one of those thin PostIt pads that I've glued together with goop. I mean, I glue together the sticky end so the sheets don't peel apart. The whole log book is about the size of your pinky finger. icon_biggrin.gif

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with 50% less yuck, and 100% more color!!"

Micros usually consist of a 35mm film container with a magnet glued to it. It can be stuck anywhere and eveywhere.

Other common micro containers are Altoids tins, prescription bottles, carmex containers, lysterine gel pac conatiners, mechanical pencil lead containers, M&M tubes, hide-a-key and other similar containers.

Some have small pencils but most don't. The log book can consist of a sheet of paper with just enough room to write about 20 names and dates but no chit chat.

I've also seen really small log books but again, just enough room for name and date.

Micros are usually hidden in urban areas but I've seen them in wilderness areas too.

Any other questions?

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

So far, all the micros I've seen and done have a description of how to log it.

So unless you're flying blind (which some of us do, and that's not a snide remark), you'll have an idea what to do based on the cache description.

By the way, I always carry a pen with me, no matter what. Early on, I found out that it just makes good preperation.

One of my caches is a micro, and while it is big enough to hold a log-book, I wanted to do something different. It contains a marked deck of cards. You take one, and tell me what the number is on the card you took.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

The logs are easy to create as well. On the Hide and Seek page is the a stash note. Take that note and use it with MS Word to create your Log. You'll have to insert the text into a table, but that's probably the most difficult part. I have found that A 1X4 table in Word using New Times Roman seems to work the best with the font size of 8. Copy the note into each one of the cells and then print them out. If you are creative, you can even add lines to the back of the printout for the user name, and date.

[This message was edited by The_Brownies on December 31, 2002 at 11:43 AM.]