Using A Etrex Vista-c With Vpc On A Mac

Redeyesi

This has no doubt been discussed before, so I,ll apologise now in advance, but I really need help on this.

I got my etrex Vista-C about 2 months ago and have been using it without mapsource maps for mtb navigation and geocaching. A while ago, I bought myself a copy of Virtual PC 6.1 with Windows 98 for use on my mac (800mhz G4 Powerbook running OSX 10.2.8), VPC works fine. Finally I invested in MapSource City Select 6 looking forward to getting some decent mapping loaded to the receiver...

I,ve had no luck getting my Vista-c to communicate with VPC dispite using the current drivers, i,ve noticed on another site (http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_vpc.html) they say you can't use a USB GPS with VPC!! is this true?

please tell me, does anyone know a way around this??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Redeye

as a follow up to my post, I know there is a lot of debate about USB drivers for the mac, but I don't understand why the 'windows' driver does not work on VPC? Any explanations?

VPC6 simply doesn't handle USB well when it comes to certain devices. Garmin being among them.

There's a rumor VPC7 has fixed the problem for some OSX platforms.