Rino120 "stuck" Pointer

OuttaHand

We were doing a cache that involved moving off the trail into some faily thick tree cover. The needle and distance were both reacting as one would expect when approaching "ground zero" while out on the trail. But once I got into the tree cover, the needle just stopped turning. I had turned off the trail about 300' from the cache.

Now -- mind you -- the distance to the cache kept decreasing as I would expect as I approached the cache. When I turned ninety degrees and kept moving, the distance stayed the same, but the needle never moved. When I turned back toward where I thought the cache was, the distance again started decreasing with every step, but the needle stayed "stuck". I did try getting to a fairly clear area and moving rapidly enough that the arrow would normally respond. That did not help.

I then shut the unit off and restarted it. Once it got lock it started working normally: the needle pointed as you'd expect AND the distance went up/down appropriately.

So -- the question to the masses is this: Has your Rino ever had the direction pointer just stop responding correctly even though everything else seemed like it was behaving?