Street Atlas 8 & Crashing?

Guest bwware

Guest bwware

Anyone else ever have problems with this program crashing everytime you start it? The splash screen will come up and stay up and nothing else will happen! I read the support section of the website telling me to rename a file but that didnt help. Anyone else have any idea? I am going to be hurting this weekend if I dont have my laptop and Street Atlas 8 to do some out of town caches! help!

Bill

Guest KB6RG

quote:
Anyone else ever have problems with this program crashing everytime you start it?

Bill --

Your reference is to SA-8. I haven't had the problem with Street Atlas 8.0, but I sure did with SA-7. Several times! It was the result of reloading the program after Windows 98 had crashed and had to be reinstalled. Then SA7 had to be reinstalled as well.

Though I cannot tell you exactly the steps to take, DeLorme's Tech Support will give it to you. Just visit http://www.delorme.com/ and click on Technical Support. As I recall, there are FAQs that will give the step-by-step info that will guide you through.

It does involve going into a portion of Windows and removing an SA# file that is the secret to the success of the ability to properly reinstall the program. It will start and run properly after you have followed their instructions.

------------------

Bob -- KB6RG -- 2H 3F

on California's

Central Coast

N35°07.240' W120°37.300'

[This message has been edited by KB6RG (edited 17 July 2001).]

Guest PharoaH

I had something similar last night. Program would not load, it would just hang at the splash screen. I had saved other .sa8 files, so I renamed (safer than deleting) startup.sa8 to startup.old and loaded a different file.