Trouble With The "mini Profile Card" Feature, Help

BabyFox

I noticed on this forum there is a little button to the bottom left of my post that is a "mini profile card" NOT the same as that regular geocaching.com profile. It's a card that you download to your computer. I downloaded it to a folder that I created, then I opened it up in Microsoft FrontPage to edit it (I put in my yahoo and A.I.M. screen name, home page, etc...) then I resaved it right over the original download of the blank (unanswered card) but after logging off, refreshing, etc... I click it and it still pops up blank from my posts, it won't show my information. Does anyone have this feature working, is anyone using the feature and can tell me where I went wrong? I assume there's a way to upload my information card to this site but I can't find that option and don't know how to do it. I figured saving the new one over the old blank one would do the trick. It's in .htm format, perhaps that is what's wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help.

Pay It Forward

It looks as if that is an option not yet available to forum users. When I did a quick check for some information, the geocaching website says the following about this specific feature:

You can change your profile at any time from your account settings. However, forum-specific profile information will eventually be available to edit here.

You have reached a setting that will be updatable on the Geocaching.com web site. Currently many of this functionality is unavailable, but we're working hard to get all the settings to function.

Updates on the forum changes can be found on the forums status page.

Edited by Nappy10

In other words, you can update your information on geocaching.com, and members you read your forum posts can view that information. However, as far as customized personal forum information goes, I dont believe that is yet available. Many of the buttons cannot be used (i.e. the "New Poll" button.)