Can't Drop Tb's While Editing A Log

Woof!

I think this has been asked for before, but I haven't heard anything in a while. I just got back from a two+ week road trip during which I moved around a ton of bugs. It became increasingly annoying that I had to post a new note to a page in order to drop bugs off if I forgot to do so when I made the original find log. I would really like to be able to drop off bugs while editing a log.

Puhleeeeease? :o

Nobody else has this problem?

Well, while I'm at it, I might as well ask for a few other random things too:

1) Is there any way to get a link to "remove this cache/TB from your watch list" on the emails that are sent? When I'm done watching something, it usually stays on my watch list for months because I'm too lazy to go find the right page to remove it.

2) I would love to see a centralized location for local approvers to list and update local issues like property/land restrictions. For example, in my area there are areas of land owned by the GGNRA (Golden Gate National Recreation Area, I think) of which some allow caching, and others do not. If there was a centralized place for listing these restrictions, hiders could check there before placing a cache, and without bothering the approver with an email.

3) I'd also like to see a link on each cache page to "Email the approver of this cache". Currently, there is now way to even know who the approver is, and so no way of contacting them if there is an issue. Sure, we could guess that it's the local approver, but some people (particularly new cachers, or those who haven't yet placed a cache) don't even know who their approver is. The "archive this cache" sends a note to the approver, but there are other reasons to contact the approver than wanting a cache archived.

4) There needs to be a centralized location for approvers to keep notes about caches in their area. For example, when coordinates are submitted to an approver privately for a multi-cache or puzzle cache, the approver checks the coords, approves the cache, then does who knows what with the coords. The next time the approver goes to check a new cache's coords, they don't see the hidden multi/puzzle coords. What happens is that they approve a cache that is too close to the multi/puzzle (this happened to me). If there was some place for approvers to keep the notes (or even better have the coords show up on their searches/maps) then this could be avoided. This is also an issue when non-local approvers fill in in another area, and are unaware of these multi/puzzle coords.

That's all I can think of for now. ;)

If you look at a cache you've hidden, at the bottom of the screen you can view who approved it, although I, too, agree that we should be able to see who approved a cache even if we weren't the ones that hid it..

Anyway, if you can see who approved it, you can click on their name and thus email them that way.

I would like to see a way to drop bugs that way, too... It would come in handy for things like event caches too.. Say you get bugs sporatically over a week or two... This way, there aren't 17 notes saying "dropping off bugs" from the same person.

Original post: Yes, I think that would be nice. It does come up from time to time. Although, you can just as easily post a new note and then delete it. I suppose that is an extra step.

Add-ons...

1) Sounds nice. Good question.

2) This would probably be a good thing for your local geocaching organization to tackle. Your state probably has one. If not, start one! You local admins are WAY too busy to be taking your idea and running with it.

3) Again, the admin are too busy to be getting an e-mail from every Tom, Dick, and Harry about every geocache. The geocache owner DOES see a link to the approver. Everyone else should probably take their concerns to the cache owner. If it's a big problem and doesn't get resolved, request it to be archived or bring it to the forums.

4) Again, your approvers (admins) are too busy for that, as lovely as it sounds. This is probably one of those 'things that sometimes happens' in the geocaching world. And it's not always a catastrophe when it does.

my two cents,

Seth!

2) This would probably be a good thing for your local geocaching organization to tackle. Your state probably has one. If not, start one! You local admins are WAY too busy to be taking your idea and running with it.

My area does not have a geocaching organization and I do not wish to create one on my own. I believe that my idea would help alleviate the approvers of having to email the rules to a hider every time a geocache is submitted that does not meet the guidelines. It's much easier to write the rules up once, than to write them up every time someone breaks them.

3) Again, the admin are too busy to be getting an e-mail from every Tom, Dick, and Harry about every geocache. The geocache owner DOES see a link to the approver. Everyone else should probably take their concerns to the cache owner. If it's a big problem and doesn't get resolved, request it to be archived or bring it to the forums.

Again, I believe that my idea would alleviate the approvers of responding to emails that are sent to the wrong approver. If I had an issue with a cache, I would probably go first to the approver I am most familiar with, which may not always be the right one.

4) Again, your approvers (admins) are too busy for that, as lovely as it sounds. This is probably one of those 'things that sometimes happens' in the geocaching world. And it's not always a catastrophe when it does.

There is no reason that my idea has to create any more "work" for the approvers. All that needs to happen is that the submitted coords are stored somewhere, and come up automatically when the approver does a search in an area. With all the checking and "approving" that the approvers do, I think it's important for all caches to be treated the same way. Caches shouldn't be approved that are 326 feet away from my puzzle, just because the approver didn't know it was there. After all, why did I submit the final coords in the first place?

2) I would love to see a centralized location for local approvers to list and update local issues like property/land restrictions.
Workin on it.

4) There needs to be a centralized location for approvers to keep notes about caches in their area. For example, when coordinates are submitted to an approver privately for a multi-cache or puzzle cache...
Reviewers can easily view the archived notes on a cache. The final coords for most multis submitted in the last few months (since the Note to Reviewer was added) can be found this way. I don't know about the other reviewers, but when I get coords via email, I put them in a note, archive the note, then post the cache. I know this doesn't always help in the case you mentioned.