Gpsmap 60c

Geo Hunters

I have followed the (unhelpfull) instructions in the manual, but can't seem to get Geocache to work. I have manually entered a location of one of the Geocache locations, but unable to find it on the GPS anywhere. Not sure if I'm doing things right. Would really like some help getting started.

When I select Geocache the next screen that comes up ask, "Would you like to setup the geocaching options?"

I choose "YES". Then it goes to the page asking if you want the "Calendar Entry When Found". I choose "YES".

Then it goes to the Symbals page. Not sure where to go from here.

When I go to "FIND" "Geocache" I get the window asking "Would you like to setup the geocaching options?"

I select "YES" This takes me to the Geocache Symbols. I chose the closed box in the Find, and the open box in the found, and YES for Calendar Entry When Found, the press enter. This takes me to the icon page. I select the closed box, wich takes me back to the Geocache Symbols page.

This Geocaching sound like it would be a blast. But, I may be too stupid to run this thing.

Okay, I checked my 60CS and it looks like the problem is you don't have any waypoints saved as "geocaches."

Try this. Hit find "Find" and then select "Waypoints." Do you have anything there? If you do, select one of them (it probably has the little blue flag) and scroll until you have the icon selected. Hit enter and select the closed treasure chest (on the far left, second row down), then hit enter again. You've now changed it to a geocache. When you hit "Find" again and select "Geocache" you should have something there now.

If nothing shows up when you hit "Waypoints", you will need to mark (or import) a new waypoint and select the geocaching icon as described above.

EasyGPS and most other programs will allow you to change the icons for your waypoints to "geocache" en masse before you send them to your GPSr.

The great thing about the geocaching feature is when you tell the GPSr that you have found the geocache, it changes the icon and then lets you go to the next closest cache with a single push of a button. Don't give up on it; it's really not difficult!