Temporary Cache At The Falcon Ridge Folk Festival

the hermit crabs

For anyone who will be attending the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in Hillsdale, New York, from Thursday 7/22 through Sunday 7/25, we will be hiding a temporary cache on the festival grounds. We're planning on it being a two-stage puzzle cache. For coordinates to the first stage, check the message board at the festival entrance (right past the little pedestrian bridge where they check for wristbands).

Nice cache.  Just a question... my geocaching partner left off a travel bug there, swapping it for the one in the cache... how should that get itself logged?  Is that a hand-off?

Yes. There were a total of three travel bugs traded at the temp cache. I think each person who picked one up should be be able to go to the Track Travel Bugs page for that TB, select "Found It? Log it!" and then select "Grabbed it from current holder" from the list of log-type choices.

We've emailed each person who dropped a bug off, telling them who picked the bug up, just in case they need to follow up on them if they don't get logged.

thank you, you guys did a great job :blink:  i managed to grab the bug i picked up, and the other person grabbed the bug i dropped off, so everything went really well..  i felt so bad when i thought it wasnt going to be on the site and maybe i shouldnt have dropped a bug lol

Thanks, we're really glad you enjoyed it. We had fun setting it up. And two of the three bugs that were traded around have been grabbed already, so there's just one left to be logged. (We actually met the cachers who picked up that last one -- they were hunting around for the cache on Sunday afternoon just as we were dismantling it -- they seemed quite nice and I'm sure they'll log it in. :blink: )

the hermit crabs