Street Pilot Iii Voice Problem

Has anyone updated to the new software version 2.70 on thier street pilot III's? After updating mine, my voice guidance intermittenly works. It worked flawlessly for a year, I updated the software, and on the very next outting, the voice only half works... Actually it will work, then it may not say anything, and then it will sometimes work and then quit in the middle of the sentence. Anyone have any problems like this? I would say it is the cable, if it wouldnt have worked the day before, but to have it not work only after the software update has me suspicious. Garmin says they have no known issues, though. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for your help/ideas.

Mike

I also upgraded to 2.70 a week or so ago. I haven't noticed the voice dropout problem you found (yet), though some of the navlady's guidance has been a bit bizzare since the upgrade (instead of turning right on a road, she asks us to go north .25 mile, make a u-turn, then go south .25 miles and turn left). I haven't seen anything in Garmin's release notes that indicates that they've changed anything in the nav or voice area though.

GSAK has suddenly developed an aversion to speaking with the StreetPilot III now that I upgraded. The error message is "Error sending waypoints: GPS_Packet_Read: No DLE Garmin: Can't Init COM5". The exact same setup with no configuration changes works fine with a Garmin eTrex Summit or Vista, but not with the SPIII.

Maybe Garmin will have 2.80 out soon?

Jon

Yeah, it seems to be the cord. Much to my surprise, though, since I never had a problem with it before. I was fooling around with it last night and wiggled the cord around and the voice would cut off and on. At least I hope its the cord and not an internal problem with the jack. Kinda odd it happened right after the download of the new software, though.