Meridian And Nat. Geographic

A friend bought the NG topo map for his garmin and it works great. Great enough that I want to try it in my meridian Plat. So anyone have any glitches in it? And also any flitches in the New England version?

Please dont feel obligated to not replying if you have not used the New england zone. My first priority is the program in the Meridian.

Being that today is my B_Day family stated that they would get it for me, but I just want to cover all the bases.

When you say "in your Meridian Platinum," I'm assuming you're thinking in place of the MapSend mapping program installed in the MeriPlat. You are stuck with using the proprietary MapSend software on the Magellan.

You can use the NG on a PC or laptop and have your Magellan communicate to it hooked through the serial port of the PC/laptop.

To add a little to what TL said: communication between your Meridian and NG Topo (as well as other non-MapSend computer-based mapping programs) is limited to exchanging waypoints, trasks, and sometimes routes. Additionally, the GPS can send a position signal to NG Topo on, say, a laptop to show real-time map position.

But about the only way to get detailed maps into a Meridian is from MapSend.