Ique3600 Software

Perhaps someone could direct me (no pun intended) to the proper software I would need to Download waypoints from the GEOCACHING web site to my Garmin IQUE 3600. I never intended to use my GPS for this purpose but a friend introduced me to Geocaching and I've tried it a couple times with success and now I'm hooked. When I originally purchased my unit I had intended it for more of a PDA and AUTO - Street Navigator. I believe that I have tried the EASY software on another link page for the palm/pc but had no success with the hot sync portion. I must admit that I am not too computer savy though.

If you own an iQue you need to use this forum: PDA Street iQue section.

Now, to address your question.

All you really need is "Cachemate" get it here: Smittyware

You'll need to pay to be a premium member of geocaching.com so you can download "pocket queries" these allow you to do searches for caches in your area, and then download them in bulk, I have 1500 in my iQue.

Download the caches in .gpx format, then use "cacheconvertor" program that comes with cachemate to convert them for the iQue, hotsync, and viola! you're all set.

Check out the "plug-ins" folder in the cachemate download too, there are plugins to make it interface with the iQue even better, like exporting caches to the address book so they show up on the map etc..

Also, search this forum, we have loads of threads going into more detail about all this :lol:

Good luck and may your Que serve you well..

-Steve

Edited by Peztone