Pre-submitting Caches

I'm going to hide 4 traditional caches in the near future. I know that if I take the √ out of the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active" the reviewers don't see the cache. Can I change everything on the submitted cache? Could I submit all 4 without really having the coordinates? Is it considered bad form, or am I breaking any rules by submitting 4 caches without good coordinates?

What I'm thinking is that I want to make up a FTF prize for each of these. I can make 1 at a time, but it's more ecconomical to make 4 at a time.

Thanks

F_M

P.S. I tried to do a search on this, but I'm not really sure what I'd search on.

I have starting doing this and it has made setting caches up much easier. First of all you get assigned a waypoint which you can then add to the log box and cache container before you place the cache. As long as you are diligent about finishing placement of the cache I see no problem with the practice, in fact i wonder if they've done this just for this reason.

I know that many in this area, if not most submit 1 or 2 at a time, I'm just wondering if 4 is too many. Don't want to "abuse" the site.

Thinking along these same lines, I could be just looking for a cool cache number. You submit enough of these, you would eventually get something like GCTBUG Wouldn't that be a good identifier for a TB hotel?

F_M

I don't think a cacher without coords. would be approved.

Yes you can uncheck the active box, finish the cache, and then recheck the box. I have one page thats been unchecked for many months because I use if for 'testing'. I may write out the description, and then copy it the actual new cache submission.

Sumbit as many caches as you want, just make sure you take care of them.

You could try making a bunch of 'test pages' till you get to a gc# you like, but if your not going to use them (and i can't see how you would), don't. It would fill up your 'my cache page'!, and perhaps provoke a site Admin?

I know that if I take the √ out of the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active" the reviewers don't see the cache.

I had no idea that you could do that. Thanks.

I usually end up editing my submittals several times before they get approved and wondered if it generated a bunch of extra notices to the approvers.