Homeland Security

bthomas

Who says locationless are easy? It took me months to chase down a yellow jeep. Here in California, many nearby static locationless have already been claimed. Today, I went out for a New Year's resolution to bring my locationless tally up to 1% of total finds, and selected Air Nav Aids when I passed San Jose International. I pulled over on the boulevard shoulder by the VOR nav control. Planes were in a foul weather pattern, landing over the road, so I stepped out to snap a picture of an approaching 737. A half mile down the road, I was stopped by an unmarked black Ford sedan with strobe-y headlights. After a short 5 minute delay, I became part of the Homeland Security database, then was allowed on my way.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...de-a604309a9df2

:rolleyes: Very interesting! For a few weeks now I have had my suspicions about why the rest area is closed down on I-5 East bound right near the Sacramento International Airport. A couple of weeks ago I saw a motor home parked in the exit ramp of this rest area. There where 2 CHP units parked by it and the officers were looking all around it like they were looking for who ever belonged to it. I think the owner might have run out of fuel or something and got a moped or motor cycle off of the back of the motor home and took a ride. I wonder if you can still ride on commercial airline flights now??? :lol:

I got a new digital camera last Christmas (2002) and the first thing I wanted to test it on was the incoming flights at BWI (Baltimore Washington International). I have a number of the shots online. My computer keeps track of what search referral strings led people to my site. To my surprise, someone searched for "bwi photos"....the domain they were accessing from was .gov.

I'm hoping they were happy it wasn't blueprints and won't be back again. ;)