Going To CES -- What to Look For?

arrowroot

I'm heading to Vegas on Friday for the Consumer Electronics Show. I'll be happy to report back anything interesting I find.

Anyone know if there's some cool GPSr gadgets being introduced there? I'll be sure to check out the Garmin 60 series, but I don't know of anything else.

Also, are there caches in the Vegas area anyone can recommend? I've already PQ'd the 100 closest to downtown (waaay too many virtuals), 'cause I'll have plenty of new cache goodies from the show, I'm sure.

Anyway,

Viva Las Vegas!

Two items of interest from my perspective:

GPSr accessory antenna that connects via external port (jack) for increased sensitivity in areas offering only poor reception. It's probably be associated with a new model GPSr as I'm not aware of any current models that offer such an option.

A miniaturized metal detector(something no longer than your forearm) with good sensitivity at a reasonable cost.

Edited by gallahad
Two items of interest from my perspective:

GPSr accessory antenna that connects via external port (jack) for increased sensitivity in areas offering only poor reception. It's probably be associated with a new model GPSr as I'm not aware of any current models that offer such an option.

A miniaturized metal detector(something no longer than your forearm) with good sensitivity at a reasonable cost.

My Garmin GPSMAP 76S has the ability to connect an external antenna up to the unit. I considered putting an external antenna on my hat for better reception in heavy tree cover. I know it would look pretty stupid, but it would work. But I have been talked out of this idea, for now...