Migc - Open To All - Come Join Us

Brawny Bear

The Midwest Invitational Geocaching Competition is coming together!

Please see the site.. MIGC

We have many coming from across the country who have already registered for this event. We are currently trying to get more vendors and manufacturers down there with their products. We are actively seeking more participation for the conventioning part of the competition weekend. We could use some businesses to setup booths and promote their products. Although nothing can be sold at Hawn State Park, it gives you an opportunity to show off any products you have related to the great outdoors and Geocaching.

The weekend will be a blast. We are putting a lot of work into it to make sure everyone has a great time. Please join us. We would love to have you out there..

The Brawny Bear

One of Many Event Organizers

I have a question about the competition and not sure who to ask, if not you can you point me in the right direction. I along with few others plan to attend. However I am handicapped. I'm mobile but slowed down by quite a bit. My friends would really like me to compete on there team but am worried that my problems may slow them down. Is there any consideration for the handicapped in the competition or with my team would I count as a full person or could I be considered like a .5 of a person or something so that my team would not be penalized for my disability. I very much would LOVE to compete and join in on the fun. But am worried about my problems hurting my friends that I will be with. Do you know how this would affect my team?

The way the team event works is, your team decides who does which waypoints. There are 20 waypoints. Some are really hard and others really easy. They could do 19 and have you do 1 easy one. It's all up to how you plan it out and how you decided who goes where. You would probably want your fastest person to do the ones across the park on top of the bluffs while the not so fast person cound do the few relatively close by the creekbed on flat surfaces.

There is fun for everyone, I assure you. It's all in how you plan the routes..

Mike