Anyone Here Got A Sportrak Color?

RockyRiver

I was wanting some second opinions.

I'd have to agree with you - I'm not very impressed, but the difference between the STColor and non-color units is impressive. You may not know what you're getting until you miss it. I just got DirectRoute, which seems to use color better than previous maps. Make sure you're running the latest firmware (5.01), too.

I'd have to agree with you. I just received my ST color and I too am disappointed. The screen is difficult to read during daytime, even with the light constantly on (constant battery drain) and the buttons are awkward to use. I've played with the contrast but still not happy. I sold my ST Pro to purchase the color and now I'm having second thoughts. I haven't upgraded the firmware yet and don't know if I want to. Some of the posts have mentioned having to go through extra steps to enter waypoints, does'nt sound like an improvement. If I'm not going to use MS Direct Route do I need to upgrade firmware? Do the benefits outnumber the drawbacks?