Moving caches

Guest Wesley Horton

Guest xsintrik

Howdy Wes!

You been on the trail of the Blair Witch yet?

I've had to update cache coordinates before, not actually moving though. A couple of posts brought to my attention that my coords where about 30 feet off. I went out and took several waypoints with two GPSs, averaged them and sure enough my original coords where off.

As long as you update the cache page I don't see any problem.

It is always a good idea to check a cache page before searching for the cache. I always read the comments by other seekers just to make the cache is still in place.

------------------

xsintrik

Guest BigDoggie

Well, Wesley, since it was YOUR cache, I guess you can do whatever you want to with it... leave it, move it, remove it, whatever.

And if the old location is/becomes either dangerous to the seekers or to the existance of the cache, it only makes sense to move it.

We have a couple here locally that were found by non-geocachers and looted, and the cache owner moved them, sometines to a completely different location.

------------------

Interested in Geocaching in the state of Georgia? Visit the Georgia Geocachers Association home page at http://www.ggaonline.org

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley Horton:

No, the cache in question was mine...

It's yours? By all means - move it!

If it was causing environmental impact or danger to cachers, why wouldn't you move it? icon_wink.gif

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley Horton:

No, the cache in question was mine...

It's yours? By all means - move it!

If it was causing environmental impact or danger to cachers, why wouldn't you move it? icon_wink.gif